This is a 1 off workshop lasting 2 1/2 hours, helping to develop in FUN ways skills for your children to interact with their best 4 legged friends in a way that they can both enjoy! Most children enjoy a kiss and a cuddle unfortunatley most dogs don't feel the same!
Through lot's of creative games and discussion we can help your children understand how dogs like to be handled and what their body language is telling us.
77% of dog bites come from the family dog or a friends dog, this is usually due to a lack of understanding in how to interact with dogs and when the dogs are warning us that enough is enough!
The 21/2 hours will include a:
- traffic light game (using pictures of canine body language)
- arts and crafts (votes will go out to best picture and picture will be used in advertising pictures will be displayed at training centre)
- musical 'trees' (all will be revealed)
- Circle time to establish how the children currently interact with dogs usimg a stuffed toy.
- clicker game
- and using a stuffed dog to practice handling (what we do and dont do)
This workshop is perfect for primary school age children.
Refreshements will be provided throughout the workshop for both adults and children
Note: parents MUST stay with there children at all times all children are responsibilty of their accompanying adult.